Whichever wonderful soul decided to have ALA in Vegas gets mad props from me. I’ve never been, but that’s just it … I’ve never been! Super excited. Want to travel now.
I haven’t been doing these posts lately, but I want to prove to my co-workers and family that I will be working … some :) So here is my ALA schedule. I’ve reined my ambitious self in quite a bit this year. It will be gloriously low key compared to every other ALA. But if you know of something I should attend, let me know.
Thursday – Fly in and play … I mean network. Bar crawl while networking. Will get lots of business cards. ;)
- 1 pm: GODORT Steering – I’m a co-chair of the GODORT Education Committee (Which recently put on this great webinar about sustainability and the government. You should check it out. Very informative.) Gotta go be a boss.
- 3 pm: Emerging Leaders poster session – Check out these new awesome leaders!
- 5ish pm: Conference kick off in the exhibit hall
- 6 pm: GODORT social at Margaritaville (no joke. i’m going to order a margarita. just watch me.)
- 8:30 am: Law and Political Science Section’s All Committee meetings
- 10:30 am: Law and Political Science Section’s General Membership meeting (my final meeting to lead as chair of the LPSS! Woohoo!)
- 1 pm: Law and Political Science Section’s Discussion Forum – “Sharing” Water and Information: Water Policy in the Colorado River Basin We also have a pathfinder for this awesome session.
- 4:30 pm: Numeric and Geospatial Data Services in Academic Libraries Interest Group (Data libs represent!)
- 5:30 pm: ULS Social
- 9:00 pm: ALA14 After Hours Party with EveryLibrary, Mango Languages, and Librarian Wardrobe I’m excited about this. Jenny Dale, Lauren Pressley, and I wrote a chapter for the Librarian Wardrobe book (The Librarian Stereotype)! You should buy it!
- 8:00 am: Conversation Starter: Professionalism is Killing the Profession – A wee bit early but I’m going to try to attend. Too many awesome librarians not to.
- 10:30 am: GODORT awards committee – My first closed committee meeting! I was elected to this amazing group and can’t wait to choose award winners!
- 1:00 pm: Marta Lange/SAGE-CQ Press Award lunch - to honor Brian Coutts He’s awesome. You should read about him! And my final event as LPSS chair. <tears>
- 3pm: GODORT Education Committee – We have a pretty sweet agenda. You should come. Lots of discussion on teaching with docs.
Monday – Going to the Hoover Dam!
Tuesday – fly out!
It is going to be awesome. What’s your ALA like?