I’ve been posting like crazy but that always happens in June. This month is full of three things I love: watermelon with salt, my birthday, and conferences! The watermelon has started getting tasty this week.
The birthday is still a couple of weeks away. But, the trifecta of IASSIST, Metrolina, and ALA kicked off and we are getting into the home stretch.
I’m following the trend of posting where I will be headed (in general) at ALA. I’m not presenting, but will be writing for Against the Grain again this year. If you have a great story to share, stop me and say hi! I have some committee duties, but I will try to get around as much as possible. Maybe I will see you there!
If you wonder why people write these posts, try it. You’ll have a much better understanding of the realities of your schedule than you can get just slapping events on the calendar.
Friday, June 22:
- 10: Going to a session on the Proquest Congressional migration both for ATG and for my own work. LexisNexis had a great product in Congressional so I’m a wee bit wary of this.
- 1: ACRL Leadership Council session for both the Data Interest Group and for the Law and Political Science Section
- 3: Emerging Leaders poster session (ELs REPRESENT!)
- 5:30: The Government Documents Round Table happy hour
- 7:30: LPSS Executive Board meeting
- 8:30: Splitting time between the ALA emerging leaders veteran/newbie meet-up and the LPSS reception
- 10: D.A.N.C.E. party
Saturday, June 23:
- 9: The International Relations Committee Near East & South Asia Subcommittee meeting
- 10:30: LPSS general member meeting
- 1:30: LPSS session on National Security
- 3: meeting with Proquest for ATG
- 4: ACRL Numeric Data Interest Group. Join us if you like data!
- 5:30: Credo party for ATG
- 7:30: Tweet up
- 10:30: After hours party and Librarian Wardrobe
Sunday, June 24:
- 8:30: LITA’s dataone program
- 10:30: The International Relations Committee Near East & South Asia Subcommittee program on the Arab Spring
- 1:30: The CQ award ceremony
- 3:30: Meetings for ATG
- That night there are a few overlapping receptions (GODORT, NMRT, LITA, LIS). I will see where the flow takes me!
Monday, June 25:
- 8: Proquest awards ceremony. I’m very excited about this one. ASERL is winning the award for their Collaborative Federal Depository Program.
- 12: Work at the ACRL booth
- 1:30: GODORT general members meeting
- 2:45: Librarian wardrobe panel discussion
- 5:30: Battledecks!
What are you up to at ALA?